This blog explains the SAP Certification process, list of SAP Global certification courses, the Importance of SAP Certification, online certification fees/cost, Choosing SAP S4 HANA Certification exam code and book an exam, and appear for an Exam on the cloud.
What is SAP Global Certification?
- SAP Certifications assist to validate the experience and expertise of SAP consultants, professionals, and software users who presently work in an SAP environment, or want to work on it.
- SAP Global Certification is a cloud-based exam, it can be accessed on-demand for maximum flexibility and convenience.
Types of SAP Certifications
150+ different certifications can be found in as much as 9 languages, for Example: “C_TS452_1909 – SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement”
There are 3 different types of SAP Certifications
- Associate certification – These are basically for learners who are starting New to SAP or End-user who want to become consultants, it is also applicable for people who are already working in as Associate level and want to get certified.
- Specialist certification – Provided along with an Associate certification, this certification focuses on a particular function or integration component.
- Professional certification – These are Advanced certification, requires deep project expertise, business process knowledge, and a more detailed understanding of SAP solutions.
For Associate certification, No prerequisite training, skills, or different certifications are required for the associate- and professional-level certification.
SAP Certifications doesn’t have validity, few cloud-based SAP technology certification( SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Ariba, or SAP S/4HANA Cloud) requires to take Delta exams within six months to keep their skills, knowledge, and certifications updated.
SAP Certification on Cloud
As mentioned earlier SAP has 150+ different certification exams, Exam code CER006 – SAP Global Certification, Online Exam (6 attempts) should be subscribed to book any Certification exam within this list.
Certification Fees vary from country to country based on their taxes, For example in the US, it is $557.00 (USD) excluding tax. and in India, it is 42,051.00 INR plus GST 18%.
SAP HANA Certification fee or SAP S/4HANA Certification fee are the same for all Exam codes.
Few Exam codes as below.
- TS4FI 1909 – SAP S/4HANA Financial Accounting
- TS422 1909 – SAP S/4HANA Production Planning and Manufacturing
- TSCM52 67 – Procurement with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP7
- TS450 1909 – SAP S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement – Upskilling for ERP Experts
- HANAAW_16 – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0
- TSCM62 67 – Sales and Distribution, ERP 6.0 EhP7
- TS460 1909 – SAP S/4HANA Sales 1909 Upskilling Source: SAP
Always take exams for latest release version, for Ex: 1909 instead of 1809
A subscription to the Certification Hub gives you 6 examination bookings in a 12-month subscription interval.
You’ll be able to take 6 totally different exams or take one examination as much as 3 times. Every retake of an examination counts as one of the 6 examination makes an attempt out there with the subscription.
The exam contains 80 questions and Duration is 180 mins, Cut off Score varies for different exam codes.
SAP Global Certification, on-line exams are remotely proctored through a webcam in your PC or laptop and you may schedule your examination 24/7 through Certification hub.
Successful examinees obtain an SAP Global Certification, digital badge for his or her accomplishment. There will be no physical Certificate copy is shared.
Importance of SAP Certification
- SAP Certification allows an aspirant to stay up to date and relevant by becoming skilled in SAP latest technologies.
- Certification provides company and personal recognition and Helps professional development from proficiency to mastery.
- SAP Global certification can be verified online. Certified people can showcase their certification accomplishment.
- As per SAP data, Around 60,000+ professionals choose to get certified every year.
- It Assures Company or clients that you have with the required knowledge and skills needed to work on SAP solutions.
- It will help you stand out from the crowd.
- The Certification makes a good impression amongst recruiters and employers. Higher chances of getting shortlisted.
- If you’re already working, it’ll help you get a better position followed by a good salary.
SAP has an online training platform with an SAP Learning hub subscription, where it provides Self-learning, Books, a live system to practice, learning rooms for discussion among other individuals.
#1 Learning Journey: It guides the recommended path to follow in order to achieve full competence and broaden your skills for a particular role and SAP Solution. You can filter by Product categories and Roles.
Product categories as below
- ERP and Digital core
- Digital supply chain
- Network and Spend Management
- HR and People Engament
- Database and Data Management
- CRM and Customer Experience
- Industry Applications
- Application Development and Integration
- Intelligent Enterprise
Roles we have below options
- Business user
- Data Analyst
Filter with Appropriate Roles and Product category or if you know the name just enter it and search, it will show something like below image
Select on the tile it will take you to another screen where you’ll see from where you have to start, what Ebooks to refer, which E-Learning course to take, SAP Live access for that particular Exam.
Browsing SAP Learning journey is free for everyone, but if you need SAP Live access or E-Learning you have to buy a subscription. Link go this is – Click on SAP Learning journey.
#2 E-Learning Courses – It is a self-paced online course, which covers many SAP Modules training. It is a pre-recorded Interactive course bundle, you can learn at your own pace and entirely online.
#3 SAP Live Access – It is an on-demand, time-based hands-on system, where they fully configured it based on the scenarios, all the master data and set up will be readily available. You can access it on your web browser. On the SAP Learning journey, you can find the option to access the live system.
#4 E-Books – SAP Learning hub also gives access to E-books ranging from Introduction to Advanced courses. You can access it both on Desktop or Mobile devices. There is no option to download the full book, but you can download individual pages if required.
1. How to book SAP Cloud Exam
Below is the step to step guide to book the SAP Certification Exam on the cloud.
- Go to this link and select your country
- Now we need to create SAP Account, click on log on button and Register
- Enter your details such as the First Name, last name, E-mail, Phone no, and then set a password and follow the remaining mail confirmation steps. (You will get an email to confirm your email ID, click and that link )
- After clicking on the link you will see Data privacy Popup, Select all and click save.
- Now make sure you’re in CER006 Page.
- Now click on Add to Basket and click Proceed to basket
- It will take you to the Shopping basket page, there click on Proceed to check out.
- Enter your First name, Last name, Email address, Phone number, in billing address give your home address – street number, street name, city postal code
- In review your details, you will get 2 options, if your company is sponsoring for certificate select My company details or else select I am self-employed.
- Enter all the mandatory details as well as address details.
- Before you start making the payment, review all the details. First name and Last name should be correct as it will show on your Certificate.
- Keep your credit card or debit ready, we will now do the payment.
- Enter the card details, Card number, Expiration date, Security code is nothing but your CVV which is there on the backside of the card, and enter the Cardholder name.
- Once all details are entered, click on submit and enter OTP and complete the payment process.
- Now check your email for the confirmation from SAP.
- It will take 48 to 72 hours to process and get the subscription active. Keep patience and wait.
- Once it is activated, you will get an S-User ID mapped to your email.
- Login to https://training.sap.com and click on access the SAP Subscription else go to https://training.sap.com/access
- Click on Access SAP Cloud Certification button, it will take you to the Certification booking page.
- Accept Terms & Conditions of Use and click confirm.
- Now click on Exam Dashboard and select Schedule an exam.
- It will show you all the exam codes available, look for the one which you are going to take, you can do it by CTRL+F and enter your exam code.
- After you click on your Exam code, you will see the Calendar icon, click on it.
- After you click on the calendar icon you will get a popup page where you can select your preferred exam date and time. and click Save appointment.
- Once you click on save the appointment, you will see another icon which shows “Exam Scheduled”
- You can reconfirm it by going to Exam Dashboard again.
Congrats you have successfully booked the Exam.
2. How to Take Your Exam
There are a few things that need to be taken care of in order to appear for the Exam.
The Examinations are secure and remotely monitored by your laptop/Desktop. It should meet below requirements,
- Webcam – In the case of Desktops, Inbuilt camera if it is Laptop.
- Microphone or headset
- Good Broadband connection – Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps.
- QuestionMark secure browser – Go to the Technical requirement link to see how to download and install a question mark browser.
Make sure all your technical requirements are met.
On the day of examination, you should follow below guidelines,
- Make sure you are alone in the room and will not be disturbed throughout your online examination.
- The table or desk should be clear, and no material should be present.
- Your room should be quiet.
- Mobile phones should be switched off and kept away from sight.
- If any desk telephones, it should be disconnected or blocked for any incoming calls during the exam.
Login to SAP Certification hub before 15 minutes, under Exam dashboard you will find the link to join.
Online Proctoring uses Zoom software, you don’t need to install it beforehand as it is web based and promts to install while joining the exam.
Once connected Proctor/Examiner will guide the remaining process.
Proctor may ask to show a 360-degree view of your room and reconfirm that you followed all the guidelines.
Once you answered all the questions inform the Proctor and Submit it. Instantly you will get the results.
The result page shows the Percentage scored on each topic, you can take the screenshot for your reference.
3. How to Download the Certificate
As I mentioned earlier, there will be no hard copy of the Certificate will be Sent as it was earlier
As part of Digitization, SAP changed its certification process. Now the candidate will get a Digital badge and SAP Global Certificate.
Steps to Download Certificate and Digital badge
- Once the Exam is passed you will automatically get an email confirmation to claim your Digital badge which is issued by SAP SE.
- Click and Open the link and create the account.
- Log in to see your Digital badge on the Dashboard.
- Click on the certificate name and it will show the option to Share.
- Click on the share button.
- You can now add it to your Linked In profile, share it on Twitter/Facebook/Xing/E-mail.
- Click on Digital badge and select the size you want to download.
- For SAP Global certificate click on the Print button and download pdf option.
- SAP Global certificate will show your Full name, Certificate name, and link to verify. You can put that link on your resume for the recruiter to verify.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How many attempts allowed for each exam?
Each exam code has maximum of 3 attempts per year.
Can I use my Macbook to take an exam?
Yes, you can use your Macbook to take the exam.
Is SAP Certificate Internation?
Yes, SAP Certificates are valid Globally.
Can I get SAP Certification Online
Yes, From 2019 SAP Changed it exam process to cloud i.e Online at your comfort.
I hope this blog helped you get all the details about SAP Certification. If you any have doubts feel free to comment on the comment section.
Read my other blog posts